September 24, 2011

Sista Knows

I remember when Kali had her puppies, she went through a very distinct period of nesting. At the end of her pregnancy, she was sleeping in closets and burrowing under the stairs in the basement. One time, Mitchell actually had to drag her out from underneath the deck. Mama knew those puppies were coming and dedicated all of her energy to try and find a safe place for them. Pregnancy and birth kicks your instincts into a whole new gear. Kali didn't need a pregnancy test to know something was up - girl was all over it!

My point is, humans are not the only mammals smart enough to figure out what a bump means. Since I've been pregnant, Kali growls at people outside of the house, waits for me outside the door when I go into the bathroom, and sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed...until recently.

For a couple of weeks now, we've had no idea where she's been spending her nights. When she would normally curl up on the floor beside me, she wanders away to find somewhere else to sleep. A couple of days ago, I solved the mystery. Woke up in the middle of the night and found this.

Photobucket

Sista totally knows what's up.

- Mama, out.

1 comment: